One thing I have learned over the five years since I was diagnosed with Stage III COPD, is to expect the unexpected.

I think I have also learned that my normal daily routine would most likely be abnormal by most people in my world.

When I say normal, I am talking about the moment I wake up until the moment my head finally hits that pillow for a few hours of dream traveling.

Because I use a c-pap machine to sleep, I always have a bottle of water on my bed stand and I always start my morning with several very solid gulps to give moisture to a normally very dry mouth and throat.

Then, I start every morning with a solid 10 minutes on the nebulizer, and many more mornings than I would prefer that nebulizer treatment is the solution to clearing out a morning of lung gunk.

After the nebulizer comes a solid deep (or as deep as the morning allows) inhale off my Breo-Ellipta, followed by an immediate mouthful of water to rinse, gargle and spit out with so I run no chance of getting any infection or something, whatever the doctors and nurses told me when I started my days with the nebulizer and breo work.

Of course, before I sit down for some breakfast, I wash down my morning meds (2 tablets and two baby aspirin). And yes, I end my days with a small bedtime snack to go with the night meds which are five tablets worth of washing down.

The rest of my days depends on what I need to be writing or working on around the house, maybe a few errands to run if all around me comes together to allow it.

When I say all around me comes together, it is because I seem to be sensitive to humidity, barometric pressure wind and neighborhood odors that may be in the air (we live in a town with a large refinery plus several plastic based plants and one nasty chemical mixing plant.

My normal when I am out and about is meaning ‘keep my head on a swivel’ and my nose (smeller) on high alert. That is the norm due to a sensitivity to smells and those perfumes/colognes.

For instance, tonight when the wife and I were going through the checkout at everyone’s favorite late evening hangout, Wal-Mart, I quietly stepped out into the front of the store aisle and away from the register area. Why – because the register worker on the register next to ours had just enough of some kind of perfume on that my senses immediately directed an order to the information center above my shoulders and said move away before my senses sends a message to ‘Lenny’ that will not be a good deal for both you or ‘Lenny’, so that is what I did.  It’s called keeping the head and senses on a swivel.

As for the week since my last ‘Lenny’ and Me, it has been abnormally normal – in other words I have had a couple of pretty good days that even enabled me to get some solid walking in, while I have had a couple of days that for whatever reason I had days that the oxygen level would struggle to stay above 90-91 after doing any sort of motion like walking a short distance or moving boxes around in a closet I am sorting through.

How was your week folks?

And that my friends, is where ‘Lenny’ and me are 4 today.

As always, if you or anyone you know have any symptoms involving lung and breathing functionality, and they linger over and over while disrupting a lifestyle – then please ask questions and get it checked out.

ALWAYS REMEMBER > A person without good breathing, is a person with a life of constant caution’, so let’s do what we can, to learn what we can, to improve what we can.

With that I bid to all – smiles, prayers, blessings and steady breathing – Mr. William.

(Copyright@2018, CrossDove Writer through – no part of this write may be used or copied without written permission.)

NOTES: Sometimes we share what may seem like medical information, but we are only giving descriptions and highlights of various aspects of having COPD and/or Asthma and no way do we ever want our information to be considered medical treatment type of information, always consult your physician for more, clearer medical founded information.